Title: Community Engagement Manager
Status: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Director of Education
PCM is seeking a talented and motivated Community Engagement Manager to develop and grow relationships with museum visitors and local community partners through a variety of in person and online museum programs and partnerships. The successful candidate is a creative informal educator, with significant experience working children and facilitating interdisciplinary hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) experiences. The successful candidate will have outstanding written and presentation skills, knowledge, strong experience preparing reports, a friendly and positive attitude, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Maintain a calendar of outreach activities related to PCM’s new initiative focused on mental health. Partnership activities will include professional development, museum visits, and educational public programming.
• Working with the Director of Education to translate the larger theme of the exhibits into developmentally meaningful activities that parallel the exhibits and give audiences exposure to new ideas, materials and skills.
• Develop and facilitate, or coordinate facilitation, of high-quality learning activities for the general public at the Museum and in the community for children ages 1-11 and their families; with primary responsibility for driving interdisciplinary STEAM/Maker programs
• Prepare and track expenses against an annual budget for community outreach activities.
• Working with the Director of Education, manage communications with external partners for museum-based programming including, but not limited to Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) Enrichment Courses, Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) projects, and City of Providence Parks programming.
• Coordinate and execute grant based round tables and public programming activities, maintaining accurate records and evaluation data.
• Nurture existing and develop new relationships with collaborative partners.
• Serve as the first point of contact for partner organizations leadership, staff, families, and the public.
• Identify opportunities to expand existing relationships to enhance PCM’s brand and footprint in the community.
• Schedule and staff regular outreach programs in the community.
General Administrative Duties:
• Use distinct and consistent voice for communications for both internal and external materials, web content, newsletter, as well as others as needed.
• Work with Finance and Operations staff to prepare accurate records and reports for collaborations.
• Collaborate with Education team to accomplish department goals.
• 3-5 years’ experience in arts and educational environments. Supervisory and training experience preferred
• Excellent attention to detail while setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines and flexibly solving problems in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Familiar with learning theory and informal education techniques for children under 10
• Experience working with community engagement and outreach
• Bachelor’s level degree in arts education, education, art/design, or equivalent experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
❖ Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits; health/dental/vision plan, 403B, vacation, and personal time. Employees are eligible to purchase pre-tax RIPTA monthly bus card. Salary range $42,000- $46,000.
Availability: Weekdays 9:00am – 5:30pm; some weekends, evenings and holidays.
Providence Children’s Museum is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.