PCM Creativity Connectors
Position: PCM Creativity Connectors
Reports to: Director of Education
Part Time position: Six weeks of summer enrichment plus training.
- Beginning 6/28/2021 through 8/13/2021
- Mondays and Wednesdays 8:30 AM –2:30 PM
- Tuesdays or Thursdays 8:30 AM –2:30 PM
Compensation: $13.36 per hour
Core Function: This summer, Providence Children’s Museum (PCM) has been invited to provide in person enrichment activities in Newport, Providence, Pawtucket and Central Falls. We are looking for educators who will serve as a Lead Facilitator for groups of middle school age students and children ages 3-5. PCM’s education staff have developed the curriculum and will train creativity connectors to deliver activities. A Creativity Connector has responsibility for gathering materials, customizing instruction and following plans and procedures as detailed by the Education staff.
PCM is Rhode Island’s only museum especially for children, parents and their care providers. Its mission is to inspire and celebrate learning through active play and exploration. Creativity Connectors are local informal educators with significant experience, training and availability who support on an on-call basis.
- Experience facilitating open-ended learning experience for children ages 3-14
- Familiar with play-based approaches to teaching and learning.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, stand, sit on floor, climb stairs.
- Ability to engage with diverse staff, clients, families and children in a dynamic and respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal formats and meet timesheet protocols.
- Conversational in Spanish, American Sign Language or other than English is a plus.
- A car is not essential, but it is a plus! Drivers are needed to reach the enrichment sites and to transport other team members. PCM reimburses $0.56 per mile and pays for all tolls.
Applicants are required to provide a current RI BCI check at the attorney general’s office and PCM will run a NationalSex Offender (NSOPW) background check online upon offer of a position. Applicants consent to these background checks and understand that the results will be part of the consideration of your continued employment.Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required for this position.
How to Apply
Submit a current resume and cover letter to Kristin Read, Director of Education. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Providence Children’s Museum is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.