Title: External Relations Manager
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Development and External Relations
Summary of Responsibilities:
PCM is seeking a talented, motivated External Relations Manager to maintain and grow its fundraising and outreach efforts. The successful candidate will be an exceptional writer, relationship builder, and communicator with the interest to manage and achieve ambitious goals.
• Coordinate and execute donor and prospect strategy developed by the Director of Development and External Relations. This may include development and execution of cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship events, individual solicitations, prospect research, and regular mailings.
• Oversee the membership lifecycle including moving visitors to members and members to donors through membership upgrades and annual giving.
• Collaborate with the Director of Development and External Relations to create and manage corporate and foundation identification, solicitation, and reporting.
• Events management:
• Coordinates cultivation, member, and fundraising events to promote awareness and visitor/member cultivation.
• Public Relations:
• Supports public relations and advertising strategy by managing ad buys, press and media relations, and reporting on return on investment.
• General Administrative Duties:
• Provide administrative support to Museum Leadership Team as it relates to fundraising and external relations including scheduling prospect meetings, board committee meetings, and various office maintenance tasks.
• Manage correspondence with Board of Directors and Committees at the direction of Museum Leadership.
• Collaborate with External Relations team including coordinating with External Relations Coordinator and Data Coordinator to accomplish department goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required; 3-5 years professional experience in fundraising, marketing, or communications preferred.
• An ideal candidate is detail-oriented, flexible, and a capable problem-solver.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, project management, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Proficiency with CRM Systems, Microsoft Excel and Word, social media platforms, and Constant Contact or other email marketing platforms.
• Experience with HTML and Photoshop, InDesign or other design software preferred.
For more information or to apply: Email cover letter and resume to the Director of Development and External Relations at Conway@ChildrenMuseum.org. Please attach PDFs of the cover letter and resume; title them with the position name and your last name. No phone calls please.
Providence Children’s Museum is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.