Title: External Relations Manager
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Development and External Relations
PCM is seeking a talented and motivated External Relations Manager to maintain and grow its fundraising and outreach efforts. The successful candidate will be an exceptional writer, relationship builder, and communicator with the interest to manage and achieve ambitious goals.
• Coordinate and execute donor and prospect strategy developed by the Director of Development and External Relations. This may include development and execution of cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship events, individual solicitations, prospect research, and regular mailings.
• Oversee the membership lifecycle including moving visitors to members and members to donors through membership upgrades and annual giving.
• Collaborate with the Director of Development and External Relations to create and manage corporate and foundation identification, solicitation, and reporting.
• Coordinates cultivation, member, and fundraising events to promote awareness and visitor/member cultivation.
• Supports public relations and advertising strategy by managing ad buys, press and media relations, and reporting on return on investment.
• Writes Press Releases for museum events.
General Administrative Duties
• Provide PCM voice for communications for both internal and external materials, including donor communications, press releases, board communications, web content, newsletter, as well as others as needed.
• Update digital and web-based templates and materials to maintain and promote the institutional brand.
• Provide administrative support to Museum Leadership Team as it relates to fundraising and external relations including scheduling prospect meetings, board committee meetings, and various office maintenance tasks.
• Manage correspondence with Board of Directors and Committees at the direction of Museum Leadership.
• Collaborate with External Relations team including coordinating with External Relations Coordinator and Data Coordinator to accomplish department goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required; 3-5 years professional experience in fundraising, marketing, or communications preferred. An ideal candidate is detail-oriented, flexible, and a capable problem solver.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, project management, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Proficiency with CRM Systems, Microsoft Excel and Word, social media platforms, and Constant Contact or other email marketing platforms.
• Experience with HTML and Photoshop, InDesign, or other design software preferred.
Providence Children’s Museum is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless
of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.